Emergency preparedness

Here you will find comprehensive information and support about covid-19 for those who work in health care and health services. 

Healthcare for visitors to Sweden

Information for patients who require healthcare in Sweden and are covered by social security insurance in an EEA country.

Sweden´s EU Presidency 2023

From the 1st January–30th June 2023 Sweden will hold the presidency of the Council of the European Union. On this page we gather information about our work.

Statistics and Data

The National Board of Health and Welfare publishes statistics in the areas of health and medical care and social services. 

About the National Board of Health and Welfare

We work to ensure good health, social welfare and high-quality health and social care on equal terms for the whole Swedish population.


Here you can search among our publications. They are divided into three main categories: Health and medical care, Social services and Dental care.