För dig som arbetar inom hälso- och sjukvården eller socialtjänsten och möter nyanlända flyktingar:
Läs mer om vård och omsorg för asylsökande och andra flyktingar.

För privatpersoner: Vill du göra en insats för ett ensamkommande barn?

Application for licence to practise as a psychologist

  • Profession: Psychologist

The information on this page applies to you as a trained psychologist in a country outside the EU.

In Sweden, psychologist is a protected professional title that may be used only by those who hold a licence to practise or are taking part in prescribed practical service (PTP). Only those are allowed to be employed as psychologists in Swedish health care.

Step 1. Start by applying for an assessment of foreign training

Step 2. Show certified knowledge of the Swedish language

Step 3. Pass a course in social law

Step 4. Take part in practical service (PTP)

The practical service consists of at least six months under supervision.

Step 5. Submit a formal application for a licence to practise. You can do this only after points 1-4 above have been fulfilled.